On September 5, 2017 President Trump made good on his campaign promise to end DACA. Attorney General Jeff Session made the announcement in a press conference, where he laid out his false reasons why the program is unconstitutional.
What you need to know:
- As of 09/05/2017 no initial DACA applications will be accepted.
- For those DACA recipients whose status expires before March 5, 2018 they must renew by October 5, 2017.
- For all others their DACA status will expire on the date listed on their employment authorization cards.
- All pending I-131 Advance Parole requests will be administratively closed, meaning no decision will be make on those applications. USCIS will refund filing fees.
- For those with approved Advance Parole – they may use them to reenter the country.