Today Pres. Trump announced Executive Orders regarding immigration. An executive order is an order or rule the President gives to administrative agencies directing them how to execute the laws that have already been established by Congress. Today’s executive orders include;
- building a wall between USA and Mexico
- ending catch and release at the border
- increasing the number of Customs and Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement Officers
- cutting of federal funding for sanctuary cities
- removing immigrants who are in the country unlawfully who have committed crimes or pose a threat to national security.
There was no announcement with regard to DACA recipients. USCIS is continuing to process DACA applications until further notice.